Compare Time Warner Cable Washington to DIRECTV
CableTV.org is not affiliated with Time Warner Cable and is operated by DirectStarTV, a DIRECTV authorized dealer.
Time Warner Cable
Time Warner Cable is a telecommunications and mass media company. As one of the largest cable providers in the United States, Time Warner Cable Washington is part of the 29 states with potential service options. Here are some of the other locations where customers can get Time Warner Cable WA services.
Insight Communications is now Time Warner CableInsight Communications was a multiple-system operator based in Cincinnati, Ohio. Time Warner Cable Washington acquired Insight Communications in 2011, absorbing over 700,000 customers. Former Insight Communications customers can now get services through Time Warner Cable WA.
Oceanic Cable Serves Hawaii Under Time Warner Brand
The Time Warner subsidiary that serves most of Hawaii has been a familiar name in the islands since the 1960s. Oceanic Cablevision entered the burgeoning cable industry as a small offshoot of a Castle & Cooke real estate venture called Oceanic Properties. As Oceanic Properties pursued development of an area outside Honolulu known as Mililani Town, Oceanic Cablevision began supplying the new neighborhoods with cable television.
The company grew substantially over the years, partly by acquiring some of its competitors on the island of O'ahu. In 1981, Time Warner Cable established a presence in Hawaii by purchasing Oceanic Cablevision for $23 million.
From Oceanic Cablevision to Oceanic Time Warner Cable
Today Oceanic Time Warner Cable provides a variety of services to around 400,000 customers across the Hawaiian Islands – digital cable, Internet, home phone, home security and more. The company is part of Time Warner's regional "cable cluster" system, operating in the Pacific West division. Oceanic Time Warner Cable still maintains its headquarters in Mililani.
Sources and Research
Data Collected 4/3/2014 from: http://www.oceanic.com/about_us
Time Warner Cable Services
Washington Time Warner Cable services may include cable TV, Internet, phone and bundles. Other services like home security and business solutions are also available in select areas. Here is more information on some of the basic WA Time Warner Cable telecommunications services available.
Time Warner Cable Washington offers several TV packages. Customers can add other TV services like DVR service, HD programming, Pay-Per-View and On Demand access and other features.
- Preferred TV with Whole House DVR Service- 200+ channels, whole-house DVR service, 40+ music channels, On Demand programming and choice of two premium channels
- Preferred TV with DVR Service- 200+ channels, HD DVR service, On Demand and music channels and choice of one premium channel
- Preferred TV- 200+ channels, 40+ music channels and On Demand programming
- Variety Lite Español- 200+ channels, some in Español, 40+ music channels and On Demand access
- Standard TV- 70+ channels and access to On Demand programming
- Starter TV with HBO®- 20+ channels, as well as HBO® and HBO GO®
- Starter TV- 20+ channels
Internet services from Time Warner Cable in WA are available in several packages. Customers can also get home WiFi and other useful Internet related services.
- Ultimate- download speeds up to 100 Mbps, upload speeds up to 5 Mbps, free home WiFi, Internet Security and Parental Controls software. 30 email accounts and 10 GB of space included
- Extreme- download speeds up to 30 Mbps, upload speeds up to 5 Mbps, free home WiFi, Internet Security and Parental Controls software. Includes 25 email accounts and 10 GB of space
- Turbo- download speeds up to 20 Mbps, upload speeds up to 2 Mbps, free Internet Security and Parental Controls software. 25 email accounts and 5 GB of space included
- Standard- download speeds up to 15 Mbps, upload speeds up to 1 Mbps, free Internet Security and Parental Controls software. 10 email accounts and 2 GB of space included
- Basic- download speeds up to 3 Mbps, upload speeds up to 1 Mbps, free Internet Security and Parental Controls software. 5 email accounts and 100 MB of space included
- Everyday Low Price- download speeds up to 2 Mbps, upload speeds up to 1 Mbps, free Internet Security and Parental Controls software. Includes 5 email accounts and 100 MB of space
Time Warner Cable offers a few different phone packages for customers, available either on their own or in a bundle package.
- Home Phone National- unlimited calling to the U.S., Canada, Mexico and U.S. territories, as well as 13 free calling features and Enhanced 9-1-1.
- Global Penny Phone Plan- Pay-as-you-go international phone plan. Customers can call 50 countries including Australia, Brazil, France, Hong Kong and the United Kingdom, as well as many others. Must have a TWC phone plan to get this additional plan.
- International OnePrice- 1,000 minutes of talk time to 100+ countries. Time Warner Cable WA customers must have TWC phone plan.
Time Warner Cable Availability
Time Warner Cable Washington services are subject to availability based on coverage area. As a traditional cable company, not all services and packages may be available in all areas. Still looking for reliable TV service? Learn more about DIRECTV services below.
Sources and Research
Data Collected 3/26/2014 from http://www.timewarnercable.com