Cox Compared to DIRECTV
CableTV.org is not affiliated with Cox Communications and is operated by DirectStarTV, a DIRECTV authorized dealer.
Cox is one of the nation's largest cable and broadband companies. More than 5 million customers subscribe to Cox Cable TV making them one of the nation's largest cable TV providers, as well. Consumers and businesses alike rely on Cox packages for services like Internet and phone in addition to cable TV.
Cox packages and services
Cox packages and services include digital video, high-speed Internet and telephone services. Businesses of all sizes are offered business class solutions for video, data and voice services.
Cox Cable TV
Packages, equipment and features are offered to customers who enroll for TV services.
- TV Packages – Different packages offering different prices and programming. Customers can access over 300 channels.
- DVR Options – DVRs like Record 6 DVR and HD DVR give viewers options and the ability to record shows.
- Hispanic and International – Hundreds of channels featuring Spanish-speaking programming as well as shows from around the world.
- On DEMAND – Access to thousands of shows, movies, music videos and more.
Different packages offering different speeds, online safety and hotspots are some of the features offered through Cox high-speed Internet service.
- Internet Packages – Different packages apply to different levels of online use with some reaching as high as 100 Mbps download speeds.
- Online Safety – Cox partners with leading brands in online safety to help protect users.
- WiFi Hotspots – Thousands of hotspots available nationwide.
Home phone packages can offer a variety of calling features. Packages include:
- Phone Essential – Features include unlimited local calling, Caller ID and Call Waiting.
- Phone Premier – Features include unlimited calling in North America, Caller ID and Readable Voice Mail.
Home security services and packages at a glance include:
- Preferred and Essential packages offer different prices and equipment.
- Equipment – These include: Home Security Cameras, Smoke Detectors, Touchscreen System Control, Motion Sensors, and more.
The states listed below feature Cox Cable TV and other services associated with this provider. If you would like to know more about these services in a particular state, then click one of the following links:
Making an informed decision about Cox
Whether you choose to go with Cox or a different service provider, make sure that you are making an informed decision. Take a few moments to review this article and consult the company site to make sure you have a full understanding of the services and how they compare with other providers. A brief rundown of DIRECTV, another service provider, follows this article and you can see how the two stack up.
Sources and Research
Data Collected 03/31/2014 from http://www.cox.com/